Catching up on source-changes, Apr to Sep 2009 (Updated)
I've been slacking with catching up on source-changes again,
and today I've found to get at it. Here's a bunch of
noteworthy changes that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhereso far:
Drivers added and improved:
- hppa: work for PA2.0 CPUs is under way on the nick-hppapmap branch
- Work for SMP-enabled NFS is in progress on the yamt-nfs-mp branch
- A read-only implementation of NiLFS, the New implementation of Logging
File System was imported. See http://www.nilfs.org/ for more information,
note that this is a new implementation, not a port of the Linux code.
- boothowto(9) now documents boot flags that are passed in from the
bootloader on various platforms. See also the kern.boothowto
- The /etc/rc framework was changed to be silent when requested via
the bootloader. Uses the kern.boothowto sysctl to determine what's
needed. Can also be set as "rc_silent=yes" in /etc/rc.conf, the
boot output can be found in /var/run/rc.log then.
- Sun's ZFS was imported and adjusted for NetBSD. Is there any
documentation for this???
- Much 3rd party code code from src/dist, src/crypto/dist,
src/gnu/dist was moved to src/external.
- new POSIX functions stpcpy(3), stpncpy(3) and strnlen(3)
- Kernel: during shutdown, devices are noew detadched in an orderly
fashion, including stacks of file systems and storage drivers like
- The GPIO framework was greatly revamped, with many new drivers
- unzip(1) was added, which works with libarchive
- Xen: Add support for ACPI suspend, Intel SpeedStep and AMD PowerNow!
- Xen2 support was removed
- Support for siisata(4) @ cardbus was added
- mvsata(4): new Marvell Hercules-I/II SATA driver
- smsh(4): new SMSC LAN9118 family ethernet driver
- hdaudio(4): new driver for Intel High Definition Audion, to replace azalia(4)
- sdmmc(4) adds SD/MMC support
- NTP 4.2.4p7
- libevent 1.4.11
- IPfilter 4.1.33
- binutils 2.19
- BIND 9.6.1p1
- pcc 0.9.9
2.6.2 2.6.5 (Thanks, Matthias!)
- xorg-server 1.6 and many other X parts (too many to list...)