NetBSD 5.1.2 released
Soren Jacobsen from NetBSD's release engineering team
announced on the NetBSD blog:
``On behalf of the NetBSD developers, I am pleased to announce that NetBSD 5.1.2 is now available for download. NetBSD 5.1.2 is the second critical/security update of the NetBSD 5.1 release branch. It represents a selected subset of fixes deemed critical for security or stability reasons. All users are encouraged to upgrade.
For full details, please see the 5.1.2 release notes.
To download 5.1.2, see http://www.NetBSD.org/mirrors/''
Among the changes are:
Note that the NetBSD x.x.x releases only contain security
and critical bug fixes over the last full release (5.0).
The number is kept down to improve stability.
More updates and changes are available on the NetBSD x.x
releases and their related branches, e.g. netbsd-5.
- Fixes from ten Security Advisories: openssl, bind, kernel memory exhaustion, IPCOMP, dhclient, LZW, openpan
- More security fixes for 3rd party Products: libtelnet, openssl, postfix, dhcpcd, xrdb, glob(3), openssh
- Improvements of logging in wapbl(4)
- Improved handling of ECN, NFS
- Various minor updates and bugfixes