NetBSD's projects for Google's Summer of Code 2013 have been chosen
In this year's round of Google Summer of Code, we have again
received a number of project proposals by interested students.
After going into details and finding out what projects have a
chance to give both the NetBSD project and the student the most
benefit (besides the money), this is settled now, and I'm pleased
to announce that the following students and their projects are
our prospects for 2013:
Of course all other students who have submitted proposals can feel
free to participate in NetBSD outside of the Summer of Code.
For those participating, this is the time for
- Julian Fagir: System upgrade (system_upgrade)
- Haomai Wang: Make NetBSD a supported guest OS under VirtualBox (Virtualbox)
- Manuel Wiesinger: Defragmentation for FFS in NetBSD (defrag_ffs)
- Myron Aub: Port Linux's drm/kms/gem/i915 (DRM2)
- Przemyslaw Sierocinski: Implement file system flags to scrub data blocks before deletion (fs_scrub_flags)